Zapier can be used to connect almost any popup or other lead source to Remarkety. Usually, the triggering app will generate a new contact, which you would like to add automatically to your Remarkety contacts as well. To set this up, you'll need an existing Zapier account.
In Zapier, let's connect an app to Remarkety. We'll be using SumoMe for this example, but any other app which creates contacts / leads will work here. We'll want to add anyone that signs up through a SumoMe app straight to Remarkety, through Zapier.
1. Create a new Zap:
2. Select your trigger app here (we'll use SumoMe in this example):
3. Choose the trigger (In SumoMe, the trigger is New Email Subscriber):
4. You may be prompted to verify that the trigger app is setup correctly.
5. Choose Remarkety as the target app
6. Since we're adding a contact in this scenario, choose "Add a contact". You can later create another Zap for unsubscribing contacts in a similar fashion.
7. Let's connect the Remarkety account here, if you haven't already done so. You'll need your Store ID and an API Key (also called Token). Both are found in Remarkety on the Account Settings page, under the API Keys tab. The store ID is shown at the top, and a token needs to be created. Enter Zapier as the comment, and click "Generate Token". Your new token will then be shown in the list - this is the API Key you need for Zapier:
8. Back in Zapier, once you've connected the account, you can test and then Save + Continue:
9. Next up, we'll be mapping the fields that we get from SumoMe into the Remarkety fields. This is quite simply actually - click on the "Select fields" icon near every select box, and choose the most appropriate field from the trigger app.
10. Two fields merit some attention - "Double opt-in required?" and "Tags":
- When "Double opt-in required" is set to true, Remarkety will send a confirmation email to this contact before subscribing them. If the Zap occurs after the contact has already confirmed this, or alternatively if your local regulations don't mandate double opt-in, you can set this to false. If you are unsure, leave this at "true" - your email list will be much cleaner.
- Tags are optional, and are a set of tags that contacts registered through this Zap will automatically receive in Remarkety. This can either be passed in via a field from the trigger app, or typed in manually (I typed in "SumoMe" in this example).
11. Zapier will ask us to run a test. The fields you see will be different, and will depend on the test that you ran when connecting the trigger app.
... And that's it! Now you can name your Zap, turn it on, and watch the leads start pouring in to Remarkety.