One option to synchronize your product catalog with Remarkety is to use the standard Google Products feed format. This is a good option for custom carts or non-standard eCommerce websites that need to upload their products to Remarkety.
Standard eCommerce platforms like Magento, Shopify, BigCommerce, etc, don't need to implement this API. Remarkety has a plug&play plugin for most popular eCommerce platforms.
Remarkety can use a Google Product Feed to fetch your catalog and keep it up to date. We will sample this feed once a day. If you've already set up a Google Product Feed - that's awesome! Just provide us with the URL and no more work is needed from your side.
Implementing a Product Feed
Google Product Feed is a straightforward CSV format file that should be published to a URL that Remarkety can access once a day (we will need to get the feed URL).
Remarkety will not use ALL the fields that Google specifies. Instead, we only use the following columns:
- id (mandatory, * see important comment)
- item_group_id (optional, this is the parent product id if any)
- title (mandatory, this is the name of the product)
- link (mandatory, the product page on your website)
- image_link (optional, this is the product image. Recommended to use a default image if product has no image)
- sku (optional, text)
- availability (should be one of 2 options: "in stock" or "out of stock")
- price (mandatory, Format: XXX.YY USD)
- sale_price (optional, number)
- brand (optional, text - This will be synched as the Manufacturer field inside Remarkety - for example: "Nike", "GoPro", "Skull Candy", etc.)
- product_type (Optional - these are the categories. Can have multiple values separated by pipe "|" sign)
* The product id must be the same as it appears in your orders. It should match the product_id value in your orders, otherwise Remarkety won't be able to match the order items in your orders/carts to the product details.
** If using a csv file format for the product feed, the file encoding must be utf-8.
Setting up the product feed in Remarkety:
- Inside your Remarkety account, go to Settings-> Product feed OR the following link: https://app.remarkety.com/v2/#/store/STOREID/settings/products-feed
* Store Id can be found on Settings-> API Keys inside your Remarkety account.
- Add the feed URL and click on Test feed URL. Wait for the "test successful" notification to confirm the feed is set up successfully.
- Click Save feed URL.
And that's it!
For more questions, contact email@example.com