By default, Remarkety assumes that all customers who place an order will accept marketing emails.
If you want your customers to have the option to opt-in/out for marketing when they checkout, you can use Verizon's custom fields capabilities and real-time order updates to add a checkbox on the checkout page. This will send Remarkety an accurate marketing status during the checkout process.
Follow the steps below to set this up.
*Note that implementing this feature will only capture the status for new customers, it will not update the status for existing customers.
Make sure that real-time order updates are configured to Remarkety. Without them, we will not be able to collect the marketing preference from the checkout page.
To learn how to do this, click here.
Step 2 - Add a new "Custom field" to the checkout billing page
- On your Verizon admin, go to Store manager.
- Go to Checkout & Registration Manager.
- Go to Page Configuration.
- Switch to Billing Information.
- Select "Email Notification" and click on the "add" button.
- Choose an appropriate display name and select the "Check Box" field type.
- On this page:
- Enter the Field ID "Accepts-Marketing"
- Choose a "Default Value" (on or off in accordance with your locality's guidelines), and
- Uncheck the "Required Field" checkbox.
- Then click "Finish"
That's it! Customers will now have the option sign up for marketing when they checkout. This will ensure that your store has accurate marketing status based on the customer's selected option on the checkout page under the billing information.