Moving to a new e-commerce platform but are unsure where to start? You aren’t alone. Remarkety’s guide gives you an easy-to-understand overview of the steps you need to take to correctly connect your Remarkety account to the replatformed e-commerce.
What to do before you migrate your e-commerce to a new platform?
Step 1: Contact Remarkety support.
Please notify Remarkety’s support team in advance (preferably, 1 week before) of your intentions to switch e-commerce platform. Our support team will log your request in our records and will be prepared to assist you on the day of your migration.
When contacting Remarkety’s support, make sure to specify:
- The date which you plan on closing your old e-commerce platform entirely.
- If you are planning to migrate the orders from one platform to another?
- The e-commerce platform you are planning to switch to.
- Remarkety has an out-of-the-box integration with Magento 1, M2, Yahoo, Shopify, Big Commerce, WooCommerce, SSI, Open Cart, Prestashop, and Virtuemart.
- Remarkety also offers an option to set up a custom integration. You can learn about it here.
- If you are interested in retaining all the data you accumulated in your active Remarkety account, or rather start fresh.
Step 2: Connect the new e-commerce to Remarkety.
Once you contacted Remarkety’s support team, they will direct you to connect your new e-commerce platform to Remarkety. That will create a new account in Remarkety, which means that you will have:
- An active account/s that is connected to your old e-commerce but has all the data you retained in Remarkety.
- And the new account/s that is connected to the new e-commerce platform.
Why is Remarkety asking you open a new account to begin with?
Each account in Remarkety is unique and has its own API connection key that connects a certain e-commerce platform to a certain Remarkety account. Once you successfully connect your new e-commerce platform to Remarkety, an API connection key will automatically generate.
On the day of your migration, we will change the connection of the Remarkety account that is connected to your old e-commerce platform to start synching with your new e-commerce instead. That way you can retain all the data you stored in your existing Remarkety account.
***Once we completed the migration process on our part, we will delete the new account you opened to avoid any confusion, moving forward.***
Step 3: Prepare to migrate.
It is recommended to perform this stage 1 day before your migration date.
- Download your Remarkety contact list and suppression list to csv files. Some e-commerce platforms interpret marketing statuses different and can cause the e-commerce platform to update your Remarkety account with unintended marketing status changes. Downloading the contacts to a csv file before the migration process starts allows you ensure the contact’s data and marketing status can be recovered simply by re-uploading them back to your Remarkety account.
- Stop all automations campaigns. Different e-commerce platforms will create different sku numbers to certain products, product images can be stored on a different CDN, create new coupon codes/cart rules, process triggers differently. Making sure the campaigns are stopped before the migration process begins will ensure no automation campaigns are being sent with erroneous or outdated data.
Step 4: Migration day!
- Contact Remarkety support as soon as you have closed your old e-commerce platform and officially moved to the new one. On our side, we will work on changing the connection of the Remarkety account that is connected to your old e-commerce platform to start synching with your new e-commerce instead. That way you can retain all the data you stored in your existing Remarkety account.
- Once Remarkety’s support team completes the migration process on our side, we will contact you and request you to check your account to make sure all is well. It is recommended to check the following:
- Compare contacts and their marketing status to the csv you downloaded the day before (from Step 3).
- Make sure all automation campaign represents products with their new sku/ID’s
- Make sure all automations support coupons relevant to the new e-commerce platform.
- Make sure the email-triggering order statuses inside your Automation campaigns (like order follow up for example) match the new order statuses we receive from the new eCommerce platform.
- If you are using Remarkety’s pop-up and subscription forms in your old e-commerce platform, you will need to set these up from the new e-commerce platform as well.
- If you had Remarkety’s website tracking on your old e-commerce platform, you would need to set it up from the new e-commerce platform as well.
- When you confirmed all the above are set up correctly, you can restart all your automation campaigns.
And that’s it!
Please note that the migration process takes 1-2 days to complete. On the day of migration, make sure to be available to Remarkety’s support team – they might have important updates/questions to ask you.
To learn more about how Remarkety can assist you with your platform migration, contact firstname.lastname@example.org