To make sure your eCommerce store is properly connected to Remarkety, you can run a quick test to double check the connection is secure.
To run the test follow these steps:
- In the Remarkety dashboard menu, from “Settings” select “Connection.”
- The API connection code is the unique identifier of your store. Check that the API connection code written here matches the API connection code accessible from the Remarkety plugin via your eCommerce platform.
- Check that the store API URL is correct and make sure that it starts with either HTTPS:// or HTTP://.
- If your shop’s storefront URL is different than your API URL, input the correct storefront URL.
- The storefront URL is the web address that customers see when they are on your site. The storefront URL is what will appear in the emails you are sending through Remarkety. Whereas your API URL is used only for your store's backend.
- For example, for Shopify stores, API and storefront URLs are different: the API URL ends with .myshopify.com whereas the storefront URL for the same store will end directly with .com.
- Once these are set up, press the “Test Connection” button at the bottom of the page.
- If a green banner appears at the top of the page that says “Connection test ended successfully” then you are done- the connection is active!
- If you receive any other message, reach out to email@example.com so we can help figure out what is wrong.
- Press save at the bottom of the page.